Absentia sentence example
- Amanda Knox had no intention of leaving the US after she was retried and sentenced in an Italian court in absentia.
- Linda had already left to begin her new career, so her degree was awarded in absentia.
- Dean took Thursday for five bucks, in absentia.
- In 1874 the university of GÃƒ¶ttingen granted her a degree in absentia, excusing her from the oral examination on account of the remarkable excellence of the three dissertations sent in, one of which, on the theory of partial differential equations, is one of her most remarkable works.
- He said it lasted one hour, and that the suspected mastermind of the bombing, was charged in absentia.Advertisement
- Boulanger himself, having been tried and condemned in absentia for treason, in October 1889 went to live in Jersey, but nobody now paid much attention to his doings.
- It may, perhaps, be accounted to Hume for righteousness that he declares - whether consistently or not is another matter - that " the same effect never arises but from the same cause," and that he still follows Bacon in the conception of absentia in proximo.
- Mayer was something elseâ€”have a service, bury the guy in absentia and get him the hell off the books.
- Mayer was something else—have a service, bury the guy in absentia and get him the hell off the books.