Absentees sentence example
- The encumbered estates act, though it substituted a solvent for an insolvent proprietary, placed the Irish tenants at the mercy of landlords of whom they had no previous knowledge, who were frequently absentees, who bought the land as a matter of business, and who dealt with it on business principles by raising the rent.
- The lands of the earl of Shrewsbury and other absentees, who had performed no duties, were resumed; and both Celtic and feudal nobles were encouraged to come to court.
- It failed chiefly from the grants to individuals who neglected to plant English farmers, and were often absentees themselves.
- The estates of absentees were vested in the crown, and, as only two months law was given, this was nearly equivalent to confiscating the property of all Protestants.
- There are no fresh injury worries for Watford, with Clarke Carlisle, Chris Powell and Scott Loach remaining the only absentees.Advertisement
- Patrick Viera and Martin Keown are both out for the Gunners, while Kiev have no major absentees.
- In comparison, 20% of the S1 pupils were authorized absentees while 2% were unauthorized absentees.
- However, in June, the majority of schools had 6% or more of their pupils as unauthorized absentees.
- Also, the governors are now, as a rule, resident in theii provinces instead of being absentees at the capital.