Absent-mindedly sentence example
- He had merely understood that the woman he had known as a child, of whom when her beauty was mentioned he had said absent-mindedly: "Yes, she's good looking," he had understood that this woman might belong to him.
- She took it absent-mindedly and followed her friend through the mansion.
- Miss Keller talks to herself absent-mindedly in the manual alphabet.
- Anatole, having taken off his overcoat, sat with arms akimbo before a table on a corner of which he smilingly and absent-mindedly fixed his large and handsome eyes.
- As soon as Prince Andrew began to demonstrate the defects of the latter and the merits of his own plan, Prince Dolgorukov ceased to listen to him and gazed absent-mindedly not at the map, but at Prince Andrew's face.Advertisement
- "What?" answered the old man absent-mindedly.
- He was not thinking of anything, but looked absent-mindedly and cheerfully from side to side.
- Pierre smiled absent-mindedly, evidently not grasping what she said.
- And as often happens with old people, Kutuzov began looking about absent-mindedly as if forgetting all he wanted to say or do.
- Napoleon smiled and, lifting his head absent-mindedly, glanced to the right.Advertisement
- "Possibly," remarked Pierre, looking about him absent-mindedly.