Abscond sentence example
- The Treasurer was a member whose legs were burned, this ensured he could not abscond with the funds!
- But the governor of Syria had sent a demand for Herod's acquittal, and so Hyrcanus adjourned the trial and persuaded the accused to abscond.
- abscond with the funds!
- The phrase "to levant," meaning to abscond, especially of one who runs away leaving debts unpaid, particularly of a betting man or gambler, is taken from the Span.
- abscond again.Advertisement
- Monmouth offered to appear to take his trial, if thereby he could help Russell, and Essex refused to abscond for fear of injuring his friend's chance of escape.