Abridges sentence example
- Though he usually abridges, he occasionally amplifies arbitrarily the narratives of his authorities.
- This Halaka is followed by a haggadic explanation of the prohibition: " iron abridges life while the altar prolongs it; iron causes destruction and misery, while the altar produces reconciliation between God and man; and therefore the use of iron cannot be allowed in making the altar."
- 3 His rendering is clear and idiomatic, and though he frequently abridges, the omissions never obscure the meaning or hinder the easy flow of the narrative.
- Her incompetent editor abridges every chapter so ineffectively that the story practically disappears.
- Lauren abridges the narrative on her museum tour when she knows that the tour group is pressed for time.Advertisement
- Carol excellently abridges her story about her time hiking the Appalacian Trail, without losing any of the charm or humor of the longer version.