Abrasives sentence example
- After using some abrasives new paint will hold better, and I'm sure the refinished furniture would sell for a higher price.
- Engineers and other craftsmen make extensive use of abrasion, effected by the aid of such abrasives as emery and carborundum, in shaping, finishing and polishing their work.
- The lumber factory uses abrasives to smooth out the wood and make it ready for selling.
- The hardware store had a wide variety of abrasives, like sandpaper, in stock.
- Use a regular toothpaste that does not contain whitening agents, gel, or abrasives.Advertisement
- Whitening toothpastes remove surface stains from the teeth with gentle abrasives.
- Never use harsh chemicals or abrasives on your glasses.
- Remember too, that abrasives can cause scratching.
- Never use abrasives on laminate flooring.
- In the true sense of the word, a glaze is a pure polish that does not contain any abrasives or cleaning agents.Advertisement
- We do not use harsh abrasives to remove marks, but above all we are reliable and experienced.
- This is compared with an alternative approach using diamond abrasives bound onto flexible carriers attached to the bonnets.
- The performance of medium grade recycled glass grit supplied by Wolverhampton Abrasives was compared with copper slag using the same blasting equipment.
- deeply pitted with the marks of the abrasive used in grinding it down; these marks are removed by the process of smoothing, in which the surface is successively ground with abrasives of gradually increasing fineness, leaving ultimately a very smooth and very minutely pitted " grey " surface.
- These same abrasives can also scratch enamel lettering and accents, so it's a better idea to avoid toothpaste altogether.Advertisement
- Never use harsh chemicals or abrasives on your eyewear.
- Carbonados are frequently used as abrasives, particularly to cut and shape other diamonds.