Abram sentence example
- Thence, after a short stay, Abram with his wife Sarai, and Lot the son of Haran, and all their followers, departed for Canaan.
- Abram thereupon proposed to Lot that they should separate, and allowed his nephew the first choice.
- A peculiar passage, more valuable for the light it throws upon primitive ideas than for its contribution to the history of Abram, narrates the patriarch's visit to Egypt.
- This did not save her from the Pharaoh, who took her into the royal harem and enriched Abram with herds and servants.
- Another tradition places the expulsion of Hagar after the birth of Isaac. It was thirteen years after the birth of Ishmael, according to the latest narratives, that God appeared unto Abram with a renewed promise that his posterity should inhabit the land.Advertisement
- 3 But it is important to remember that the narratives are not contemporary, and that the interesting discovery of the name Abi-ramu (Abram) on Babylonian contracts of about 2000 B.C. does not prove the Abram of the Old Testament to be an historical person, even as the fact that there were "Amorites" in Babylonia at the same period does not make it certain that the patriarch was one of their number.
- Lit., 1904, p. 36), the "field of Abram" occurs among the places mentioned in the list of the Egyptian king Shishak (No.
- 13 render Abram ha-`ibhri by 6 r €pains, the " crosser," and Aquila, following the same tradition, has 6 7rEpairris, the man " from beyond."
- There is evidence for the existence of the names Abram, Jacob and Joseph previous to 900 B.C., but this does not prove the antiquity of the present narratives encircling them.
- The name of the steward of Abram's establishment is given in Genesis xv.Advertisement
- United in the land, the promise to Abram in Genesis 15: 18, will be literally fulfilled.
- In 1671 General Abram Wood, at the direction of Governor William Berkeley (c. 1610-1677), sent a party which discovered Kanawha Falls, and in 1716, Governor Alexander Spottswood with about thirty horsemen made an excursion into what is now Pendleton county.
- Radical for its time, does Abram Hill 's play still resonate today?
- Abram went down into Egypt to sojourn there; for the famine was grievous in the land.
- Abram had kept watch by the Victims, driving away the unclean birds which would have come down upon them.Advertisement
- Abram, Captain Kirk and Spock actually have a bit of an altercation on the bridge.
- One of these Amorites, Abi-ramu or Abram by name, is the father of a witness to a deed dated in the reign of Khammurabi's grandfather.
- It is the latest writer (P) who mentions Abram (the original form of the name), Nahor and Haran, sons of Terah, at the close of a genealogy of the sons of Shem, which includes among its members Eber the eponym of the Hebrews.