Abrading sentence example
- Soaps are also prepared in which large proportions of fine sharp sand, or of powdered pumice, are incorporated, and these substances, by their abrading action, powerfully assist the detergent influence of the soap on hands much begrimed by manufacturing operations.'
- Cutting and engraving are mechanical processes for producing decorative effects by abrading the surface of the glass when cold.
- Mineral, vegetable and animal substances, by means of tools and apparatus of stone, wood and bone - tools for cutting, or edged tools; tools for abrading and smoothing the surfaces of substances, like planes, rasps and sandpaper; tools for striking, that is, pounding for the sake of pounding, or for crushing and fracturing violently; perforating tools; devices for grasping and holding firmly.
- Now feet have extra tough skin, so just imagine how abrading sand can affect the softer skin on your arms and torso.
- Tattoo Machine Scarification: This method includes etching or abrading the skin with an inkless tattoo machine to form a pattern or design.Advertisement
- - The combined fluxing and abrading action of the descending charge tends to wear away the lining of the furnace where it is hottest, which of course is near its lower end, thus changing its shape materially, lessening its efficiency, and in particular increasing its consumption of fuel.