Abrade sentence example
- abrade the skin by using a scrub brush.
- Clean the floor, and abrade it slightly with a scrubbing compound if you intend to use adhesive to glue the new floor in place.
- abrade the surface using a dry sandpaper, rubbing in the direction of the grain.
- abrade easily, dry, unmounted specimens are of little use.
- However, do not abrade the skin by using a scrub brush.Advertisement
- To prepare wood, lightly abrade the surface using a dry sandpaper, rubbing in the direction of the grain.
- Kubary, Ethno- graphische Beitrdge zur Kentniss des Karolinen-Archipel (Leiden, 1889-1892); De Abrade, Historia del conflicto de las Carolinas, &c. (Madrid, 1886).
- grasian, formed from grees, gives " to graze," of cattle feeding on growing herbage, also " grazier," one who grazes or feeds cattle for the market; " to graze," to abrade, to touch lightly in passing, may be a development of this from the idea of close cropping; if it is to be distinguished a possible connexion may be found with " glace " (Fr.