Abr sentence example
- This page gives an overview of all articles in the 1911 Brittanica which are alphabetized under Abr to Aco.
- Some electrophysiological tests are the auditory brainstem response (ABR) test, auditory steady-state response (ASSR) testing, electroencephalic audiometry (EEG) test, and otoacoustic emission testing (OAE).
- To perform the auditory brainstem response (ABR) test, headphones are placed on the infant or child and electrophysiological responses from the scalp and ears are recorded in response to tones sent through the headphones.
- This test is a more sensitive test than the ABR and can also measure residual hearing better.
- It is simpler than ABR, and it can be used to screen infants for severe hearing losses, since if hearing loss of greater than 40 dBs exist, no emission will be recorded.Advertisement
- If ABR or ASSR testing is done under sedation, then the child may not eat for several hours prior to administration of the drugs.
- If the ABR is used under sedation then the side effects of sedatives must be considered.
- An automated auditory brainstem response (ABR) test, or brainstem auditory-evoked response (BAER) test, in which brainstem responses to sounds are monitored through small electrodes taped to the child's head.