Abominably sentence example
- The child was abominably rude to the guests, so he was sent to his room for the rest of the evening.
- The man felt abominably ill and rushed to the hospital when his symptoms worsened.
- As her day went on, it abominably worsened by the hour.
- Transferred to the gatehouse at Westminster, he was so abominably treated that his father petitioned Elizabeth that he might either be brought to trial and put to death, if found guilty, or removed in any case from "that filthy hole."
- His parents thought he was an angel, if only they knew how abominably he acted when they were not around.Advertisement
- Catholics were more and more persecuted, and in 1615 Father Ogilvie was executed, after abominably cruel treatment in which Spotiswoode, archbishop of Glasgow, took an unworthy share.