Abolitionism sentence example
- Abraham Lincoln hated slavery and became an advocate of abolitionism.
- Hawthorne called him a "fat-brained, good-hearted, sensible old man"; and in politics he was a typical Virginian of the old school, a state's rights Democrat, upholding slavery and hating abolitionism.
- that Garrison greatly injured abolitionism by causing it to be associated in men's minds with these unpopular views on other subjects.
- He at once began to take an independent part in the movements then agitating NewEngland, which between 1830 and 1850 was stirred by discussions pertaining to Unitarianism, transcendentalism, spiritualism, abolitionism and various schemes for communistic living.
- The people of the Northern United States were strong supporters of abolitionism, believing everyone deserved to be free.Advertisement