Abolishes sentence example
- The new law abolishes the use of tobacco products in public places.
- The new constitution abolishes the soviets, dissolving the workers into the general mass of the population.
- The Enterprise Act 2002, which is expected to come into force in mid 2003, abolishes administrative receiverships for new security.
- "We really need a rule that abolishes bullying," mentioned the teacher at the school board meeting.
- Sharon abolishes every conversation that involves unpleasant topics.Advertisement
- It is an age of conscious selection as between ideal systems. Instead of necessitating a wasteful and precarious elimination of inadequate customs by the actual destruction of those who practise them - this being the method of natural selection, which, like some Spanish Inquisition, abolishes the heresy by wiping out the heretics one and all - progress now becomes possible along the more direct and less Comte's own term " fetishism " was most unfortunately misleading (see Fetishism).
- The 13th amendment is the part of the United States Consitution that formally abolishes slavery.
- Yet it is in this religion of Zeus that we see most clearly the achievement of progressive morality; Zeus himself punishes and abolishes the savage practice; the story related by Plutarch, 2 how a kid was substituted miraculously for Helen when she was led to the altar to be offered, is a remarkably close parallel to the biblical legend of Abraham's sacrifice of Isaac.