Abilene sentence example
- According to Josephus, Abilene was a separate Iturean kingdom till A.D.
- This Lysanias was the son of Ptolemy Mennaeus, the ruler of an independent state, of which Abilene formed only a small portion.
- 28-29) is a younger Lysanias, tetrarch of Abilene only, one of the districts into which the original kingdom was split up after the death of Lysanias I.
- In the same passage of Luke mention is made of Lysanias, tetrarch of Abilene near Damascus, in the valley of the B arada.
- 39-4 0; (iii.) ruler of the whole of Palestine (with Abilene), on the accession of Claudius at the beginning of A.D.Advertisement
- ABILA, (1) a city of ancient Syria, the capital of the tetrarchy of Abilene, a territory whose extent it is impossible to define.
- In the amusements we have referred to does the " jolly drover " while the night away in Abilene.
- There are insane asylums at Austin (the State Lunatic Asylum), San Antonio (the Southwestern Insane Asylum), and Terrell (North Texas Hospital for the Insane); the Texas School for the Deaf (1857), an institution for deaf, dumb and blind coloured youths (1889), a School for the Blind (1856), and a home for dependent Confederate soldiers, at Austin, a state orphan home (1889) at Corsicana, an epileptic colony at Abilene, and a state reformatory (1889) for boys under seventeen years at Gatesville.
- LYSANIAS, tetrarch of Abilene (see Abila), according to Luke iii.
- Born in Abilene, Texas on July 10, 1980, Jessica was the first daughter for Joe and Tina Simpson.Advertisement