Abides sentence example
- Nancy is so well behaved, she abides by every school rule with perfect obedience.
- Samuel abides his parents decision about his curfew, albeit reluctantly.
- But all over the savage world, especially in Africa, spirit worship has sprung up and choked the All-Father, who, however, in most savage regions, abides as a name, receiving no sacrifice, and, save among the Masai, seldom being addressed in prayer.
- Even when one abides in a generous disposition stirrings of the molestations of desire may arise with chang as their cause.
- One of the Dude's catch phrases, "the Dude abides," is very commonly seen on Big Lebowski tee shirts and sweatshirts.Advertisement
- Of course, not everyone abides by this adage - take a walk through any shopping mall anywhere in the world and you're bound to spot a fashion victim or two.
- The classical war era film Gone with the Wind, the film features a belle who falls in love but abides too much by the rules.
- It is incredibly important for a body piercing to be done in a clean, sterile environment by a professional who abides by health regulations.
- In some of the writings no Messianic kingdom is looked for; in others only a temporal duration on earth is assigned to it; in others still it abides for ever either on earth as it is, or on earth transformed.