Abettor sentence example
- The burglar partly blames his actions on his uncle, the abettor of his crimes.
- Sue was surprised when her neighbor was convicted for being an abettor of the neighborhood break-ins.
- This secret scheme the faithful secretary at once carried to Philip, who characteristically resolved to meet it by quietly removing his brother's aider and abettor.
- Hasan Au, farman-farma, or commander-in-chief, and his brother and abettor, had an army at their disposal in Fars.
- It was in reference to this incident that Pope, whose Catholic rearing made him detest the abettor of the Revolution and the champion of William of Orange, wrote in the Dunciad- "Earless on high stands unabash'd Defoe" - though he knew that the sentence to the pillory had long ceased to entail the loss of ears.Advertisement
- Peter of Castelnau retaliated by excommunicating Raymond VI., count of Toulouse, as an abettor of heresy (1207), and kindled in the nobles of the south that animosity of which he was the first victim (1209).