Abetted sentence example
- But the hostility of Alexius, aided and abetted by the jealousy of Raymund of Toulouse, was almost equally fatal.
- Against the Siamese, who were also suspected of having abetted the Peguan rebels, he proceeded more openly and severely.
- In this manner he gained the favour of Nero, whom he aided and abetted in his vices and cr"elties.
- Equally futile was John's declaration (April 3, 1327) that Louis had forfeited his crown and abetted heresy by granting protection to Marsilius of Padua.
- She sided with the scribes, Burghley and Sir Robert Cecil, against the men of war, Essex and Raleigh; and she abetted Whitgifts rigorous persecution of the Puritans whose discontent with her via media was rancorously expressed in the Martin Marprelate tracts.Advertisement
- The collapse of the former Yugoslavia has been aided and abetted by the various western powers using incredibly cynical maneuvers.
- Guitar wunderkind Bryan Sutton also whipped up a froth with his hot picking ably abetted by a roster of great talents.
- But Saddam's small rump of supporters aided and abetted by foreign terrorists.
- Her relations with Napoleon were frequently strained; and in 1813-1814 she abetted Murat in his enterprises (see Murat).
- But Saddam 's small rump of supporters aided and abetted by foreign terrorists.Advertisement
- The White Witch captures and bewitches the youngest boy, Edmund, and it is up to the other three, abetted by the mysterious lion called Aslan, to find and rescue him.
- The begum was charged with having abetted Chait Sing in his rebellion; and after the severest pressure applied to herself and her attendant eunuchs, a fine of more than a million sterling was exacted from her.
- In the teeth of strenuous opposition, from both Europeans and natives, Lord William carried the regulation in council on the 4th of December 1829, by which all who abetted suttee were declared guilty of " culpable homicide."
- He subsequently organized the expedition which rescued all the Irish military political prisoners from the 'Western Australia convict establishments (1876), and he aided and abetted the American propaganda in favour of Irish nationalism.