Abdicates sentence example
- We can't wait until the king abdicates his throne, we must act now to remove him and form a republic!
- Samuel in a farewell address formally abdicates his office, reviews the past history, and, after convincing the people of the responsibility they had incurred in choosing a king, promises to remain always their intercessor (xii., cf.
- His successor is either nominated by himself, in which case he sometimes abdicates in his favour, or else elected by the five chief mandarins from among the Brah Vansa.
- If a queen or king abdicates, it means that they have given up their position as ruler.
- In all formality, he abdicates the throne and his position as king.Advertisement