Abbreviate sentence example
- If the space is small, you can always abbreviate.
- We were forced to abbreviate our trip due to the bad weather.
- Ordinary algebra developed very gradually as a kind of shorthand, devised to abbreviate the discussion of arithmetical problems and the statement of arithmetical facts.
- People who use their middle name as their first name many times abbreviate their first name to an initial.
- In order to avoid confusion, I never abbreviate my name in my signature.Advertisement
- People often abbreviate names of universities to their acronyms, for ease of conversation.
- Please abbreviate the months when writing dates in this document.
- When transcribing, you should abbreviate words to speed up the process.
- Abbreviate words like teaspoon and tablespoon to tsp and tbsp, respectively, to save space when writing recipes.
- Division.-In the same way, in performing approximate division, we can at a certain stage begin to abbreviate the divisor, taking off one figure (but with correction of the final figure of the partial product) at each stage.Advertisement
- Napier deliberately set himself to abbreviate multiplications and divisions - operations of so fundamental a character that it might well have been thought that they were in rerum natura incapable of abbreviation; and he succeeded in devising, by the help of arithmetic and geometry alone, the one 1 The title runs as follows: Arithmetica Logarithmica, sive Logarithmorum chiliades triginta....
- The importance of the Exchange as a bargaining centre is fairly maintained, though buyers are assiduously cultivated in their own offices, and the telephone has done a good deal to abbreviate n.`egotiation.
- The relief of symptoms in whoopingcough is sharply to be distinguished from any influence on the course of the disease, since the drug does not abbreviate its duration by a single day.
- It was only just to abbreviate the terms; under the old sentence the transportee knew that if well conducted he would spend the greater part of it in comparative freedom.
- The fundamentally enumerative character of the process is clearly not cancelled by the recognition that it is possible to abbreviate it by means of technique.Advertisement