Abattoirs sentence example
- Efficient inspection of meat in the abattoirs should eliminate a large proportion of the diseased animals.
- The landing of foreign cattle is permitted by the Board of Trade, and there are cattle lairs and abattoirs near the Cardiff wharf.
- The crude methods of preparing jerked beef were also modified to some extent by better equipped abattoirs and establishments for preparing beef extract, preserved meats, &c. There were also mills for crushing the dried mate leaves, cigar and 1 The " bran " exported is from imported wheat and cannot be considered a national product.
- The westerly winds, however, sometimes bring across the bay the offensive smells of the great abattoirs and meat-curing establishments (saladeros) at the foot of the Cerro.
- The other public buildings of the town include the gildhall and law courts, in the Italian style with Corinthian pillars and pilasters, built in 1847 and internally remodelled in 1901; a prison (1829); a fine market hall (1830), rebuilt in 1897; a cattle market and abattoirs (1869); the Albert Hall for concerts and public meetings (1864); the; Royal Metal Exchange (1897); harbour trust offices (1904); a central post office (1901) and two theatres.Advertisement
- abattoirs left in the Lake District yet there's sheep everywhere.
- We will provide targeted help for small and medium sized abattoirs.
- Meat inspectors working in Scottish abattoirs have also reported a marked increase in carcasses showing evidence of liver fluke infestation.
- Radical legislation is needed to ensure that all UK abattoirs operate hygienic and humane slaughter of farm animals.
- Given that there are only two licensed abattoirs operating in the country, disposal options are extremely limited.Advertisement
- Other reports from domestic abattoirs identified 32 suspects, of which 18 were positive.
- Eleanor Scott said: Ã¢Over the past 20 years the number of red meat abattoirs in Scotland has reduced from 79 to only 44.
- livestock hauliers, abattoirs, auction marts and farmers ' markets have all been closed down.
- Farmers should contact IB or their local National Farmers Union for details of designated abattoirs in their area.
- Around 200 family farms, restaurants, butchers and abattoirs across Britain are now rearing, selling and serving mutton.Advertisement