Abashed sentence example
- He was pleased at the gratitude he received, but felt abashed at receiving it.
- Mavra Kuzminichna grew abashed and confused.
- Abashed by this question, I replied that sloth was my chief temptation.
- The officer appeared abashed, as though he understood that one might think of how many men would be missing tomorrow but ought not to speak of it.
- I passed it many times I'm abashed to say.Advertisement
- Suddhodana, abashed, took his son's bowl and led him to his house.
- She never was abashed and is not abashed now, so she cannot be a bad woman!
- He was a little abashed by her regal composure.
- They were not in the least abashed.
- A sharp word from Romas, and the two boys looked suddenly abashed.Advertisement
- The princess landed at Deal on the 27th of December; Henry met her at Rochester on the 1st of January 1540, and was so much abashed at her appearance as to forget to present the gift he had brought for her, but nevertheless controlled himself sufficiently to treat her with courtesy.
- Naturally, I was rather abashed at the prospect of meeting a couple who have taken such an interest in me and the college.
- Send him to the devil, I'm busy! he shouted to Lavrushka, who went up to him not in the least abashed.
- Prince Andrew was watching these men abashed by the Emperor's presence, and the women who were breathlessly longing to be asked to dance.
- Whereat the said Johnne, abashed, burst forth in most abundant tears and withdrew himself to his chamber," remaining there in "heaviness" for days, until he came forth resolved and prepared.Advertisement