Abasement sentence example
- Only an evil man would delight in the abasement of his children.
- The school bullies laughed at his abasement.
- The abasement of his pride was more than her husband could handle.
- The abasement of people in concentration camps is great and overly cruel.
- I can't imagine living with such abasement on a daily basis.Advertisement
- I can't believe he was able to withstand such abasement.
- She felt great abasement when criticized by her boss.
- Sandra felt regular abasement while at work.
- The constant abasement and humiliation made him weary.
- The abasement of the past was her downfall of today.Advertisement
- Due to her abasement at the situation, she resolved to never come to one of his parties again.
- Little Tommy's abasement at failing the spelling bee was greater than he had ever experienced.
- The nation's abasement was recorded in textbooks for the rest of history to see.
- All is over for me, she replied with shame and self- abasement.
- During the last years of Cosimo's life, affairs were less under his control, and the gonfaloniere Luca Pitti, a vain and ambitious man, introduced many changes, such as the abasement of the authority of the podesta and of the capitano, which Cosimo desired but was glad to attribute to others.Advertisement
- The nation wished for the establishmentof internal unity through religious tolerance and the extinction of private organizations; it looked for the extension of Frances external power through the abasement of the house of Spain, protection of the Protestants in the Netherlands and Germany, and independence of Rome.
- In foreign affairs the abasement of the house of Austria remained for Henry IV., as it had been for Francis I.
- One of his sayings commends humility in the following paradox: "My abasement is my exaltation."