Abase sentence example
- The demotion did not abase his credibility with his peers.
- Don't abase your cousin by making fun of his accent.
- You should abase yourselves as miserable friends.
- The mother-in-law would demean her, as a way to abase the young wife in the son's eyes.
- Matthew would abase others in an attempt to elevate himself.Advertisement
- Although desperate for cash, I won't abase myself in this demeaning job any longer.
- The congressman refused to abase himself in front of his fellow politicians.
- Elizabeth wouldn't deign to abase herself before her parents.
- As a minister of the Church he felt his duty and his interest equally concerned in the support of her cause; nor could he fail to discover the inevitable tendency of Whig doctrines, whatever caresses individual Whigs might bestow on individual clergymen, to abase the Establishment as a corporation.