Ab initio sentence example
- All-important, too, is the order of ceremonial and the formula of prayer: a mistake or omission or an unpropitious interruption may vitiate the whole ritual, and though such misfortunes may occasionally be expiated by the additional offering of a piaculum, in more serious cases the whole ceremony must be recommenced ab initio.
- concentrica, Lecanora esculenta); but it can hardly be that these are really free ab initio (vide Crombie in Journ.
- Working on these lines, and attaching special importance to common descent, naturalists applied the term with more and more precision, until Linnaeus, in his Philosophia botanica, gave the aphorism, "species tot sunt diversae, quot diversae formae ab initio sunt creatae" - "just so many species are to be reckoned as there were forms created at the beginning."
- (For, although the term "ontology" has been as good as disused, it still remains true that the aim of philosophy must be to furnish us with an ontology or a coherent and adequate theory of the nature of reality.) But if, on the other hand, knowledge and reality be ab initio opposed to one another - if consciousness be set on one side as over against reality, and merely holding up a mirror to it - then it follows with equal naturalness that the truly real must be something which lurks unrevealed behind the subject's representation of it.
- Both experimental work and ab-initio calculations agree that the most stable form is the ammonium ion pair species.Advertisement
- Most ab initio groups quickly become very close-knit since students see each other almost every day.
- They describe an English speaking ab initio student of German who exhibited an unusually strong tendency to use word coinage and lexical innovation.
- The marriage was declared invalid ab initio either on the ground of Anne's precontract with Lord Percy or more probably on the ground of the affinity established between Henry and Anne by Henry's previous relations with Mary Boleyn.
- The GAMESS-UK Benchmark is designed to represent the typical range of calculations commonly performed by the ab initio quantum chemist.