B, Diagram of female flower.
- Diagram of sympodial budding, biserial type, shown in five stages (1-5).
Indicator diagram corresponding to 1 lb.
- Diagram illustrating arrangement of parts in flower of Orchis.
- Diagram of the diaphragm in eyepieces of " the micrometer used for measuring the plates of the Astrographic Catalogue.
Lines representing efficiency ratios of o 6, 0.5 and 0.4 are plotted on the diagram, so that the efficiency ratios corresponding to the various experiments plotted may be readily read off.
The two last curves in the diagram contrast the diurnal variation at Kew in potential gradient and in barometric pressure for the year as a whole.
- Diagram of the pedicle-opening of Rhynchonella.
The pull recorded on the diagram includes the resistances due to acceleration and to the gradient on which the train is moving.
- Diagram of a vertical of a Limpet.
- Diagram showing possible modifications of persons of a gymnoblastic Hydromedusa.
The indicated horse-power developed by a cylinder may always be ascertained from an indicator diagram and observations of the speed.
The area of the diagram may be measured, but it is usually more convenient to calculate the number of B.Th.U.
- Diagram showing Formation of the ectoderm.
- Diagram of sympodial 18) there is formed a main stem budding, uniserial type, shown on tithe i ma in t emeafh r m s polyp in four stages (1-4).
Let p be the mean pressure in pounds per square inch, calculated from an indicator diagram taken from a particular cylinder when the speed of the crank-shaft is n revolutions per second.
- Diagram showgenerate.
In the potential curves of the diagram the ordinates represent the hourly values expressed - as in Tables II.
This car is equipped with apparatus by means of which a continuous record of the draw-bar pull is obtained on a distance base; time indications are also made on the diagram from which the speed at any instant can be deduced.
21 shows the pressure-volume diagram of the Rankine cycle for one pound of steam where the initial pressure is 175 lb per square inch by the 19t, gauge, equivalent to 190 lb per square inch absolute.
In 1873 he took thermoelectricity for the subject of his discourse as Rede lecturer at Cambridge, and in the same year he presented the first sketch of his well-known thermoelectric diagram before the Royal Society of Edinburgh.
The map or diagram of which Leonardo Dati in his poem on the Sphere (Della Spera) wrote in 1422 " un T dentre a uno 0 mostra it disegno " (a T within an 0 shows the design) is one of the most persistent types among the circular or wheel maps of the world.
- Diagram of a typical Hydropolyp. Hydranth; Hydrocaulus; Hydrorhiza; Tentacle; Perisarc, forming in the region ' of the hydranth a cup or hydrotheca(h, t), - which, however,is only found in polyps of the order Calyptoblastea.
- Diagram of Corymorpha.
- Diagram of Tubularia entiated into nutritive and indivisa.
- Diagram of sympodial budding, system, from which simple unbranched Plumularia-type.
- Diagram showing possible modifications of the persons of a Calyptoblastic Hydromedusa.
- Diagram showing possible modifications of medusiform and hydriform persons of a colony of Siphonophora.
Usually these A, Diagram of the nephridium of Nereis diversicolor.
- Diagram of the two renal organs (nephridia), to show their relation to the rectum and to the pericardium.
A diagram of this description will be found in Isidor of Seville's Origines (630), see fig.
13 shows his map of the world reduced from a MS. at Wolfenbiittel, to which is added a diagram of the zones from a MS. at Ghent, which illustrates Macrobius' commentary on Cicero's Somnium Scipionis.
Dalton believed that the molecules of the elementary gases consisted each of one atom; his diagram for hydrogen gas makes the point clear.
Are plotted on the diagram, the reference numbers on which refer to the first column in the table.
- Diagram of the flower FIG.
This arrangement may be understood by reference to the following diagram, representing the relative position of the stamens in orchids generally and in Cypripedium.
B, Diagram of the nephridium of Alciope, into which opens the large genital funnel (coelo mostome).
The following diagram, modified from one by Grimshaw, in accordance with the results obtained by the better class of modern mills, gives an interesting resume of the products obtained from a ton of cotton seed: - Products from a Ton of Cotton Seed.
- Diagram showing the arrangelength, and this is multiments of Hartmann and Braun's Hotplied and rendered evi- "'ire Ammeter.
(Modified from a diagram given by A.
- Diagram to illustrate use of Shunting Yards.
From the diagram it will be seen that the corresponding efficiency of the ideal engine is about 0.18.
- Diagram conveying the digested food-products all over of the circulatory the body, and the excretory products to the apparatus in the annephridia, and doubtless it serves at times to tenor body-region of assist in the extension and retraction of parts a Metanemertine.
On the a, Diagram of male flower.
4 is a diagram of a fixed hand revolving jib crane, of moderate size, as used in railway goods yards Fixed and similar places.
- Diagram of nervous system of Crania; from the dorsal side.
It would be a serious business to draw a Daltonian diagram for such a molecule.
- Diagram showing method of branchcessively its organs ing in the Aglaophenia-type.