Floral diagram of typical orchid flower; 1, labellum; a, anther; s, rudiments of barren stamens (staminodes).
Indicator diagram corresponding to 1 lb.
- Diagram of sympodial budding, biserial type, shown in five stages (1-5).
Lines representing efficiency ratios of o 6, 0.5 and 0.4 are plotted on the diagram, so that the efficiency ratios corresponding to the various experiments plotted may be readily read off.
- Diagram of the diaphragm in eyepieces of " the micrometer used for measuring the plates of the Astrographic Catalogue.
The two last curves in the diagram contrast the diurnal variation at Kew in potential gradient and in barometric pressure for the year as a whole.
- Diagram of the pedicle-opening of Rhynchonella.
- Diagram showing possible modifications of persons of a gymnoblastic Hydromedusa.
The area of the diagram may be measured, but it is usually more convenient to calculate the number of B.Th.U.
- Diagram of a vertical of a Limpet.
In the potential curves of the diagram the ordinates represent the hourly values expressed - as in Tables II.
The indicated horse-power developed by a cylinder may always be ascertained from an indicator diagram and observations of the speed.
Let p be the mean pressure in pounds per square inch, calculated from an indicator diagram taken from a particular cylinder when the speed of the crank-shaft is n revolutions per second.
In 1873 he took thermoelectricity for the subject of his discourse as Rede lecturer at Cambridge, and in the same year he presented the first sketch of his well-known thermoelectric diagram before the Royal Society of Edinburgh.
- Diagram showing possible modifications of the persons of a Calyptoblastic Hydromedusa.
- Diagram showing possible modifications of medusiform and hydriform persons of a colony of Siphonophora.
21 shows the pressure-volume diagram of the Rankine cycle for one pound of steam where the initial pressure is 175 lb per square inch by the 19t, gauge, equivalent to 190 lb per square inch absolute.
Usually these A, Diagram of the nephridium of Nereis diversicolor.
- Diagram of the two renal organs (nephridia), to show their relation to the rectum and to the pericardium.
- Diagram showing Formation of the ectoderm.
A diagram of this description will be found in Isidor of Seville's Origines (630), see fig.
13 shows his map of the world reduced from a MS. at Wolfenbiittel, to which is added a diagram of the zones from a MS. at Ghent, which illustrates Macrobius' commentary on Cicero's Somnium Scipionis.
- Diagram of a typical Hydropolyp. Hydranth; Hydrocaulus; Hydrorhiza; Tentacle; Perisarc, forming in the region ' of the hydranth a cup or hydrotheca(h, t), - which, however,is only found in polyps of the order Calyptoblastea.
- Diagram of Corymorpha.
- Diagram of sympodial 18) there is formed a main stem budding, uniserial type, shown on tithe i ma in t emeafh r m s polyp in four stages (1-4).
- Diagram of sympodial budding, system, from which simple unbranched Plumularia-type.
The map or diagram of which Leonardo Dati in his poem on the Sphere (Della Spera) wrote in 1422 " un T dentre a uno 0 mostra it disegno " (a T within an 0 shows the design) is one of the most persistent types among the circular or wheel maps of the world.
- Diagram of Tubularia entiated into nutritive and indivisa.
B, Diagram of the nephridium of Alciope, into which opens the large genital funnel (coelo mostome).
The following diagram, modified from one by Grimshaw, in accordance with the results obtained by the better class of modern mills, gives an interesting resume of the products obtained from a ton of cotton seed: - Products from a Ton of Cotton Seed.
(Modified from a diagram given by A.