Zweibrucken sentence example
- ZWEIBRUCKEN, a town of Germany, in the Palatinate, on the Schwarzbach, and on the railway between Germersheim and Saarbrucken.
- The town was the capital of the former duchy of Zweibrucken, and the Alexander-Kirche contains the tombs of the dukes.
- Zweibrucken >>
- Close by, on an eminence, lie the ruins of the castle of Birkenfeld, dating from the 14th century, once the residence of the counts palatine of Zweibrucken.
- Maximilian IV, Joseph (of Zweibrucken), the new elector, succeeded to a difficult inheritance.Advertisement
- By the treaty of Luneville (February 9th, 1801) Bavaria lost the Palatinate and the duchies of Zweibrucken and Julich.
- Under orders from Colbert de Croissy the jurists came upon the scene once more, and their unjust decrees were, sustained by force of arms. The Chambres de Run-ion sought for and joined to the kingdom those lands which were not actually dependent upon his new cor~quests, but which bad formerly been so: such as SaarbrUcken, Deux Ponts (ZweibrUcken) and Montbliard in 1680, Strassburg and Casale in 1681.