Zunz sentence example
- Every endeavour is made to gloss over, or modify, expressions which seemed derogatory to the ancestors of ' According to Zunz, Gottesdienstliche Vortrdge, 2nd ed., p. 80, its contents bear the following proportions to Genesis, z o o to Exodus, about 1 1 4 to Leviticus, s to Numbers, and 4 to Deuteronomy.
- Zunz took no large share in Jewish reform, but never lost faith in the regenerating power of "science" as applied to the traditions and literary legacies of the ages.
- This was Zunz's Gottesdienstliche Vortrage der Juden, i.e.
- This book raised Zunz to the supreme position among Jewish scholars.
- Zunz was always interested in politics, and in 1848 addressed many public meetings.Advertisement
- &c. After its publication Zunz again visited England, and in 1859 issued his Ritus.
- Besides these works, Zunz published a new translation of the Bible, and wrote many essays which were afterwards collected as Gesammelte Schriften.
- This book was not published till after the author's death, when it was edited by Zunz (1851).
- He also contributed to the history of the Synagogue liturgy, and enjoys with Geiger (q.v.) and Zunz (q.v.) the honour of reviving interest in the medieval Hebrew hymnology and secular verse.
- He co-operated with Zunz (q.v.) in a new translation of the Bible.Advertisement
- The foundation of recent investigation into Rashi's life is Zunz's Salomon b.
- Zunz; Jewish Encyclopedia passim; publications of Jewish societies, such as Etudes Juives, Jewish historical societies of England and America, German historical commission, Julius Barasch society (Rumania), Societas Litteraria Hungarico-Judaica, the Viennese communal publications, and many others to which may be added the 20 vols.