Zuhair sentence example
- Single poems of four of theseAmru-ul-Qais, Tarafa, Zuhair and `Antara - appear in the JIo`allakat (q.v.).
- Mahomet's relation to the poets generally was one of antagonism because of their influence over the Arabs and their devotion to the old religion and customs. Ka`b ibn Zuhair, however, first condemned to death, then pardoned, later won great favour for himself by writing a panegyric of the Prophet (ed.
- AlMansur, however, pardoned him on the intercession of his fellowtribesman Musayyab ibn Zuhair of Dabba, and appointed him the instructor in literature of his son, afterwards the caliph al-Mandi.
- Zuhair al-Azdi, 173 (7~o).
- Zuhair al Dabbl, 176177 (792 Isl~ b.Advertisement
- 654; Bah aldin Zuhair, encomiast of al-Salib, d.
- Beha ud-din Zuhair >>
- The poem has little literary value, being an imitation of Ka`b ibn Zuhair's poem in praise of Mahomet, but its history has been unique (cf.