Zoological-name sentence example
- SPARASSODONTA, a zoological name applied to a group of primitive carnivorous mammals from the Santa Cruz beds of Patagonia, represented by the genera Borhyaena, Prothylacinus, Amphiproviverra, &c. By their first describer, Dr F.
- ARACHNIDA, the zoological name given in 1815 by Lamarck (Gr.
- ARTICULATA, a zoological name now obsolete, applied by Cuvier to animals, such as insects and worms, in which the body displays a jointed structure.
- ANTELOPE, a zoological name which, so far as can be determined, appears to trace its origin, through the Latin, to Pantholops, the old Coptic, and Antholops, the late Greek name of the fabled unicorn.
- SABLE, the name of a small quadruped, closely akin to the martens, and known by the zoological name of Mustela zibellina.Advertisement
- APPENDICULATA, a zoological name introduced by E.
- " flower-animals"), the zoological name for a class of marine polyps forming "coral".