Zollern sentence example
- In one of the best-known examples, the Zollern colliery in Westphalia, the Koepe system is used, the winding disk being driven by two motors of 1200 H.P. each on the same shaft.
- HOHENZOLLERN, the name of a castle which stood on the hill of Zollern about 1 m.
- who refers to Burkhard and Wezil, or Werner, of Zollern, or Zolorin.
- These men appear to have been counts of Zollern, and to have met their death in 1061.
- Conrad became burgrave of Nuremberg, and, receiving the lands which had come into the family through his mother, founded the Franconian branch of the family, which became the more important of the two; while Frederick, receiving the county of Zollern and the older possessions of the family, was the ancestor of the Swabian branch.Advertisement
- To bring the Peninsula under French influence, had The been for centuries the ambition of French statesmen; Ifoheait was intolerable that it should fall to a Prussian zollern prince and that France should be threatened by ~~
- Tassilo, a member of this family, is said to have built a castle at Zollern early in the 9th century; but the first historical mention of the name is in the Chronicon of a certain Berthold (d.