Zockler sentence example
- For general information and references to the literature of the subject, see Otto ZOckler, Askese and Monchtum (1897), ii.
- Zockler's Kurzgef.
- See also Otto Zockler, Askese and Monchtum, ii.
- (1714); Heimbucher, Orden and Kongregationen (1907), i., § i i; Abbe Marin, Les Moines de Constantinople (1897); Karl Holl, Enthusiasmus and Bussgewalt beim griechischen Monchtum (1898); Otto Zockler, Askese and Monchtum, pp. 28 5-3 0 9 (1897).
- Otto Zockler's Askese and Monchtum (1897), also.Advertisement
- Zockler's Askese and Monchtum (1897), pp. 32-135.
- There is an excellent article, "Rosenkranz," by Zockler in Herzog-Hauck, Realencyklopddie, 3rd ed.
- Among commentators and translators may be mentioned: Ewald (1837, 1867); Noyes (1836); Stuart (1852); Hitzig (1858); Zockler, in Lange's Bibelwerk (1866, Eng.
- W., 1906), carrying forward the points already urged by Sieffert and Zockler amongst others, and especially refuting his fellowchurchman, Prof. Valentine Weber.
- Lipsius (2nd ed., Hand.-Commentar, 1892), and Zockler (2nd ed., 1894) may still be consulted with advantage, while Hilgenfeld's commentary (1852) discusses acutely the historical problems of the epistle from the standpoint of Baur's criticism.Advertisement
- For the literature see Otto Zockler, Askese and Monchtum (1897), pp. 347, 354 (E.
- Zockler, on I, 2 and 3 Macc., 1891 (slight and unsatisfactory); W.
- Theiner, and Hilgers in Wetzer and Welte's Kirchenlexicon, and by Reuchlin and Zockler in Herzog's Realencyklopadie.