Znd sentence example
- As a legislative body the powers of the Council are co-ordinate with those of the Duma; in practice, however, it has seldom if ever initiated legislation.6 The Duma of the Empire or Imperial Duma (Gosudarstvennaya Duma), which forms the Lower House of the Russian parliament, consists (since the ukaz of the znd of June 1907) on the 27th of April 1906, while the name and princi p le of autocracy was jealously preserved, the word " unlimited " vanished.
- We may compare the common use of the word ordo in profane writers, who refer, e.g., to the ordo senatorius, ordo equester, &c. It is true that the evidence of Tertullian does not carry us back farther than the close of the znd or opening of the 3rd century A.D.
- Root-infesting forms, Root-infesting forms, znd generation, 2 Winged forms, 1 Root-infesting forms, 3 rd generation, Wingless female.
- Aulus Gellius in the znd century A.D.
- So Early As The Znd Century Of Our Era, Great Disputes Had Arisen Among The Christians Respecting The Proper Time Of Celebrating Easter, Which Governs All The Other Movable Feasts.Advertisement
- This Epact Occurs At The 3Rd Of January, The 2Nd Of February, The 3Rd Of March, The Znd Of April, The 1St Of May, &C., And These Days Are Consequently The Days Of The Ecclesiastical New Moons In 1832.
- 352); another Comput by Raiff de Lenham, 1256 (P. Meyer, Archives des missions, znd series iv.
- his Early History of India, znd ed.
- .3 A number of inscriptions in a language presumably Phrygian have been discovered in the centre and east of the country; they belong generally to the end of the znd and to the 3rd century.
- When first heard of in the znd century A.D.Advertisement
- Kelly, Presswork, a practical handbook for the use of pressmen and their apprentices (8vo, znd ed., Chicago, 1902); C. T.
- Being lord of the Isle of Wight at the time, he was in 1467 appointed one of the ambassadors to treat with the duke of 1 Rivers and Canals, znd ed.
- Aulard, Les Orateurs de la Legislative et de la Convention (Paris, znd ed., 1906).
- The duke's only survi ing son, Peregrine (1659-1729), who became znd duke of Leeds on his father's death, had been a member of the House of Lords as Baron Osborne since 1690, but he is better known as a naval officer; in this service he attained the rank of a vice-admiral.
- Banks, "Martha's Vineyard and the Province of Maine" in Collections and Proceedings of the Maine Historical Society, znd series, vol.Advertisement