Zierikzee sentence example
- Dordrecht, Leiden, Haarlem, Delft, Vlaardigen, Rotterdam in Holland, and Middleburg and Zierikzee in Zeeland, repeated with modifications the characteristics of the communes of Flanders and Brabant.
- In June 1576 the long siege of Zierikzee, the capital of Schou.wen, ended in its surrender to the Spanish general Mondragon, after the failure of a gallant attempt by Admiral Boisot to break the leaguer, in which he lost The great his life.
- In Zeeland they connect the towns of the interior with the sea or the river mouths; for example, the one from Middelburg to Veere and Flushing (1866-1878), from Goes to the East Scheldt, and from Zierikzee also to the East Scheldt.
- Having lost his mother at an early age, and being adopted with his three brothers by an uncle, Cats was sent to school at Zierikzee.
- Philips double revenge, on sea at Zierikzee and on land at Mons-en-Pvle (1304), led to the signing of a treaty at Athis-surOrge (1305).Advertisement