Zerah sentence example
- 7); the invasion of Zerah in Asa's reign (2 Chron.
- Tamar, the date-palm) and the old Canaanite elements (Zerah =indigena) by the younger Israelite invaders (Perez="branch").
- At the age of twelve he engaged Zerah Colburn, the American " calculating boy," who was then being exhibited as a curiosity in Dublin, and he had not always the worst of the encounter.
- Jacob is otherwise known as Israel and becomes the father of the tribes of Israel; Joseph is the father of Ephraim and Manasseh, and incidents in the life of Judah lead to the birth of Perez and Zerah, Judaean clans.
- It is purely local and is interested in Shelah, and more especially in Perez and Zerah, names of families or clans of the post-exilic age.Advertisement
- 4), and Zerah claimed the renowned sages of Solomon's day (I Chron.
- The story implies that Perez surpassed his "brother" clan Zerah (xxxviii.
- The Book of Chronicles relates a story of a sensational defeat of Zerah the "Cushite," and a great religious revival in which Judah and Israel took part (2 Chron.
- "If by Zerah the Ethiopian or Sabaean prince be meant, the only real difficulty of the narrative is removed.
- No king Zerah of Ethiopia is known at this period, nor does there seem to be room for such a person" (W.Advertisement
- There is much that is suggestive, for example, in the relation between the " postexilic " additions to the prophecies and their immediately earlier form; or in the singular prominence of the Judaean family of Perez (its elevation over Zerah, a half-Edomite family, Gen.