Zelnorm sentence example
- Zelnorm was a prescribed medication used to treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- The FDA issued a public health advisory to inform patients and health-care professionals that the sponsor of Zelnorm, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation had voluntarily agreed to refrain from selling this drug.
- Zelnorm was removed from the market due to studies which revealed a high risk of heart attack, stroke and worsening of chest pain that can become a heart attack.
- Zelnorm was considered a category B drug.
- As of April 7, 2008, Zelnorm is no longer available under this program, but might still be available in emergency situations.Advertisement
- Just as in the case of Zelnorm, the medication was FDA approved at one time, but was found to be dangerous for most people to take due to significant side effects that were detrimental to health.
- There are some drugs that can help treat symptoms of IBS (though the most popular, Zelnorm, was pulled from the shelves in March 2007 because of worries that the drug increased heart problems).