Zelkowa sentence example
- Zelkowa Tree (Zelkowa) - Handsome summer-leafing trees, hardy, distinct in appearance, and yielding valuable timber, yet seldom planted.
- Japanese Zelkowa (Zelkowa Acuminata) - A useful and handsome tree of about 100 feet, with a straight stem and a broad round top.
- The longer points, sharper teeth, more numerous nerves and leathery texture, together with the fact that they hang longer, may enable any one to tell the leaf of the Japan Zelkowa from that of the better-known Z. crenata.
- Common Zelkowa (Zelkowa Crenata) - A quickgrowing, handsome tree of marked characteristics, the main branches rising erect from one point, and spreading so slightly as to give an easily recognised form, each branch a tiny tree in miniature.
- The fine individual trees in various parts of Britain show the Zelkowa to be well suited to our climate, and we could wish that it was more used by planters, especially for wet soils, being remarkably free from insects and disease.Advertisement