Zeitz sentence example
- In the 10th century Naumburg was a stronghold of the margraves of Meissen, who in 1029 transferred to it the bishopric of Zeitz.
- Zeitz has manufactures of cloth, cottons and other textiles, machinery, wax-cloth, musical instruments, vinegar, cigars, &c.; and wood-carving, dyeing and calico-printing are carried on.
- Zeitz is an ancient place of Slavonic origin.
- From 1653 till 1718 Zeitz was the capital of the dukes of Saxe-Zeitz or Sachsen-Zeitz.
- See Rothe, Aus der Geschichte der Stadi Zeitz (Zeitz, 1876); and Lange, Chronik des Bisthums Naumburg (Naumburg, 1891).Advertisement
- In his later years he set up the archbishopric of Magdeburg, which took in the sees of Meissen, Zeitz and Merseburg.
- In 1664 he resigned office under Duke Ernest, who had just made him chancellor and with whom he continued on excellent terms, and entered the service of Duke Maurice of Zeitz (Altenburg), with the view of lightening his official duties.
- The principal towns are Magdeburg, Halle, Erfurt, Halberstadt, Nordhausen, Miihlhausen, Aschersleben, Weissenfels and Zeitz.