Zeitun sentence example
- (see Zeitun).
- The sanjak lies almost wholly in Mt Taurus, and includes the Armenian town of Zeitun.
- Since its reversion to Ottoman power (1840) the history of Marash has been varied only by Armenian troubles, largely connected with the fortunes of Zeitun, for the reduction of which place it has more than once been used as a base.
- The memory of Kiligia (Cilicia) is enshrined in a popular song, and at Zeitun, in the recesses of Mount Taurus, a small Armenian community has hitherto maintained almost complete independence.
- The only successful resistance was at Zeitun, where the people received honourable terms after three months' fighting.Advertisement
- Ottoman control is imperfect in Lebanon, the Houran, and over the Armenian mountain region of Zeitun and over the eastern steppe-lands, whose nomadic populations can withdraw themselves out of reach.