Zebub sentence example
- Baal Zebub of the Philistine Ekron became the Beelzebub who was equivalent to Satan.
- Its maintenance of a sanctuary of Baal Zebub is mentioned in 2 Kings i.
- According to these analogies we should expect Zebub to be a place.
- No place Zebub, however, is known; and it has been objected that the Baal of some other place would hardly be the god of Ekron.
- Usually Zebub is identified with a Hebrew common noun zebub = flies,' occurring twice in the Old Testament, 2 so that Baalzebub " is the Baal to whom flies belong or are holy.Advertisement