Zancara sentence example
- of the river Zancara or Giguela.
- of the point of disappearance, the Guadiana Alto was believed to re-emerge in the form of several large springs, which form numerous lakes near the Zancara and are known as the "eyes of the Guadiana" (los ojos de Guadiana).
- The stream which connects them with the Zancara is called the Guadiana Bajo or Lower Guadiana.
- It is now known that the Guadiana Alto has no such course, but flows underground to the Zancara itself, which is the true "Upper Guadiana."
- The Zancara rises near the source of the Jucar, in the east of the tableland of La Mancha; thence it flows westward, assuming the name of Guadiana near Ciudad Real, and reaching the Portuguese frontier 6 m.Advertisement
- MANZANARES, a town of Spain, in the province of Ciudad Real, on the river Azuer, a large sub-tributary of the Zancara, and on the railways from Madrid to Ciudad Real and Linares.