Zamosc sentence example
- before him; but he wasted two precious months in Casimir, vain before the fortress of Zamosc, and then the 1648-1668.
- Another university was founded later at Vilna by Batory, and one at Zamosc by the chancellor Zamoyski.
- All Poland now lay at his feet, and the road to the defenceless capital was open before him; but he wasted the precious months in vain before the fortress of Zamosc, and was then persuaded by the new king of Poland, John Casimir, to consent to a suspension of hostilities.
- The same is the case with the Eastern Churches united to the Holy See; following the example of the famous council of Lebanon for the Maronites, held in 1730, and that of Zamosc for the Ruthenians, in 1720, these churches, at the suggestion of Leo XIII., have drawn up in plenary assembly their own local law: the Syrians at Sciarfa in 1888; the Ruthenians at Leopol in 1891; and a little later, the Copts.
- He died suddenly at Zamosc on the 3rd of June 1605.Advertisement