Zamindawar sentence example
- Zamindawar >>
- There is not a pass of any great importance, nor a river of any great difficulty, to be encountered from end to end, but the route is flanked on the north between Kandahar and Girishk by the Zamindawar hills, containing the most truculent and fanatical clans of all the Southern Afghan tribes.
- In the western provinces about Kandahar (amongst the Durani Afghans - the people who claim to be Beni-Israel), and especially in Zamindawar, the spirit of fanaticism runs high, and every other Afghan is a possible Ghazi - a man who has devoted his life to the extinction of other creeds.
- it enters the Zamindawar province which lies to the N.W.
- ZAMINDAWAR, a district of Afghanistan, situated on the right bank of the Helmund river to the N.W.Advertisement
- Zamindawar is a district of hills, and of wide, well populated, and fertile valleys watered by important affluents of the Helmund.
- It was from Zamindawar that much of the strength of the force which besieged Kandahar under Ayub Khan in 1880 was derived; and it was the Zamin dawar contingent of tribesmen who so nearly defeated Sir Donald Stewart's force at Ahmad Khel previously.
- The control of Zamindawar may be regarded as the key to the position for safeguarding the route between Herat and Kandahar.