Zaimis sentence example
- Alexander Zaimis, a former prime minister of Greece, arrived in Crete on the 1st of October.
- Zaimis, as high commissioner, took the oath to the new constitution elaborated after much debate by the Cretan national assembly.
- Zaimis called the attention of the powers to the fact that these conditions had been fulfilled, and on the 11th of May the powers announced to the high commissioner their intention of beginning the evacuation at once and completing it within a year.
- Zaimis - who had gone for a holiday to Santa Maura - elected a committee of six to govern the island in the name of the king of Greece.
- 1915); and after a Zaimis Cabinet had vainly endeavoured to obtain the support of the Venizelist majority in the Chamber, the latter was dissolved (for the second time within six months) and a new election ordered for Dec. 191915.