Zadokite sentence example
- Thus, the Samaritans claim the traditions of the land; the Chronicler traces the connexion between " pre-exilic " and " post-exilic " Judaeans, ignoring and obscuring intervening events; the south Palestinian cycle of tradition is adapted to the history of a descent into and an exodus from Egypt; Zadokite priests are enrolled as Aaronites, and the hierarchical traditions ' A Samarian (or Ephraimite or N.
- Now the only high priests who bore this title were the Maccabean, who appear to have assumed it as reviving the order of Melchizedek when they displaced the Zadokite order of Aaron.
- Zadokite or Righteous.
- 27-36, which links the disaster, not with the history of Samuel, but with the rise of the Zadokite Levites of Jerusalem, and thus represents a specifically Judaean standpoint.
- It is clear that the Zadokite priests were rendered legitimate by finding a place for their ancestor in the Levitical genealogies - through Phinehas (cf.Advertisement
- It is possible that the writer (or writers) desired to trace the earlier history of the ephod through the line of Eli and Abiathar to the time when the Zadokite priests gained the supremacy (see Levites); but elsewhere Abiathar is said to have borne the ark (1 Kings ii.
- The religious superiority of Jerusalem over the idolatrous north and over the " high places " is the main theme, and with it is the supremacy of the native Zadokite priests of Jerusalem over others (e.g.