Zabern sentence example
- MOLSHEIM, a town of Germany, in the imperial province of Alsace-Lorraine at the foot of the Vosges, on the Breusch and at the junction of railways to Zabern and Strassburg.
- ZABERN (French, Saverne), a town of Germany, in the imperial province of Alsace-Lorraine, district of Lower Alsace, situated on the Rhine-Marne canal at the foot of a pass over the Vosges, and 27 m.
- Zabern (Tres Tabernae) was an important place in the times of the Romans, and, after being destroyed by the Alamanni, was rebuilt by the emperor Julian.
- See Fischer, Geschichte der Stadt Zabern (Zabern, 1824).
- Zabern >>Advertisement
- The crest of the Vosges is pretty high and unbroken, the first convenient pass being near Zabern, which is followed by the railway from Strassburg to Paris.
- from an interview with the duke of Wtirttemberg at Zabern, where he had once more demanded the help of his Lutheran neighbors against the, Calvinists; and the Catholics having celebrated this as a victory the signal was given for the commencement of religious wars.