Yuzen sentence example
- Next in decorative importance to tsuzure-ori stands yuzen bir3do, commonly known among English-speaking people as cut velvet.
- No other method permits the decorator to achieve such fidelity and such boldness of draughtsmanship. The difference between the results of the ordinary and the yuzen processes of dyeing is, in fact, the difference between a stencilled sketch and a finished picture.
- In the case of cut velvet, the yuzen process is supplemented as follows: The cutter, who works at an ordinary wooden bench, has no tool except a small sharp chisel with a V-shaped point.
- Velvet, however, is not capable of being made the basis for pictures so elaborate and microscopically accurate as those produced by the yuzen process on silk crape or habutaye.
- Dyeing by the yuzen process is an innovation of modern times.Advertisement