Yuriev sentence example
- Since about the same time a process of rigorous Russification has been carried through in the same provinces, in all departments of administration, in the higher schools and in the university of Dorpat, the name of which was altered to Yuriev.
- (Yuriev or Dorpat, Kazan, Kharkov, Kiev, Moscow, Odessa, St Petersburg, Warsaw and Tomsk), with 19,400 students, 6 medical academies (one for women), 6 theological academies, 6 military academies, 5 philological institutes, 3 Eastern languages institutes,.
- YURIEV (formerly Dorpat, also Dorpt; Russian, Derpt; Esthonian, Tarto and Tartolin; in Lettish, Tehrbata), a town of W.
- Besides a good picture gallery in the Ratshof, and the 13thcentury church of St John, Yuriev possesses a university, with an observatory, an art museum, a botanical garden and a library of 250,000 volumes, which are housed in a restored portion of the cathedral, burned down in 1624.
- at Riga (winter 23°, summer 63°) and 40 at Yuriev.Advertisement
- The higher educational institutions include Yuriev (Dorpat) University, Riga polytechnic and a high school for the clergy.
- The government is divided into nine districts, the chief towns of which, with their populations in 1897, are: Riga, capital of the government (282, 943); Arensburg, in the island of Oesel (4621); Yuriev or Dorpat (42,421); Fellin (7659); Pernau (12,856); Walk (10,1 39): Wenden (6327); Werro (4154); and Wolmar (5124).
- undertook in 1030 a campaign against them, and founded Yuriev (Dorpat).
- Yuriev >>
- In 1808 he entered the university of Dorpat (Yuriev), where he first studied philology, but soon turned his attention to astronomy.Advertisement
- at Riga (winter 23Ã‚°, summer 63Ã‚°) and 40 at Yuriev.