Youghiogheny sentence example
- McKees Rocks is served by the Pittsburg & Lake Erie and the Pittsburg, Chartiers & Youghiogheny railways, the latter a short line extending (13 m.) to Beechmont.
- CONNELLSVILLE, a borough of Fayette county, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., on the Youghiogheny river, about 60 m.
- MCKEESPORT, a city of Allegheny county, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., at the confluence of the Monongahela and Youghiogheny rivers (both of which are navigable), 14 m.
- Pittsburg is served by the Pennsylvania (several divisions), the Baltimore & Ohio, the Pittsburg & Lake Erie (controlled by the New York Central System), the Pittsburg, Cincinnati, Chicago & St Louis (controlled by the Pennsylvania Company), the Pittsburg, Chartiers & Youghiogheny (controlled jointly by the two preceding railways; 21 m.
- In the latter part of May Washington encountered a French force at a spot called Great Meadows, near the Youghiogheny river, in what is now southwestern Pennsylvania, and a skirmish followed which precipitated the French and Indian War.Advertisement
- Several rivers surround the resort, including the Savage, North Branch of the Potomac, Youghiogheny and Casselman Rivers, all teeming with rainbows, browns, brookies and cutthroat trout.