Youghal sentence example
- The most important river of the name is in southern Ireland, rising in the hills on the borders of the counties Cork and Kerry, and flowing nearly due east for the greater part of its course, as far as Cappoquin, where it turns abruptly southward, and discharges through an estuary into Youghal Bay.
- He was mayor of Youghal in 1588-89, and is said to have first cultivated the potato here.
- Youghal (Eschaill, " the Yew wood") was made a settlement of the Northmen in the 9th century, and was incorporated by King John in 1209.
- The Franciscan monastery, founded at Youghal by FitzGerald in 1224, was the earliest house of that order in Ireland.
- Sir Roger Mortimer landed at Youghal in 1317.Advertisement
- Even the walled towns, Kilkenny, Ross, Wexford, Kinsale, Youghal, Clonmel, Kilmallock, Thomastown, Fethard and Cashel, were!almost starved Henry VI.
- He surprised Youghal, then an English town, by night, sacked it, and murdered the people.
- Writs for another parliament in the same year were addressed in addition to the counties of Waterford, Cork and Limerick; the liberties and crosses of Ulster, Wexford, Tipperary and Kerry; the cities of Waterford, Cork and Limerick; and the towns of Youghal, Kinsale, Ross, Wexford and Kilkenny.