Yorck sentence example
- That to fit the actions and distances covered by Alexander into such a scheme, assuming that he went by Seistan and Kandahar, would involve physical impossibilities has been pointed out by Count Yorck v.
- Heerwesen (1885), and Graf Yorck von Wartenburg, Kurze Ubersicht der Feldziege A.
- Among the principal modern works on Napoleon's campaigns 1805-14 are the following: Yorck von Wartenberg, Napoleon als Feldherr (1866, English and French translations); H.
- away (Yorck von Wartenburg, Kurze Ubersicht der Feldziige A.
- In 1851 he brought out a life of Count Yorck von Wartenburg (Berlin, 1851-1852, and many later editions), one of the best biographies in the German language, and then began his great work on the Geschichte der preussischen Politik (Berlin, 1855-1886).Advertisement
- In 1813 King Frederick William, after an agony of hesitation, was forced by I War of the patriotic initiative of General Yorck, who concluded, L,ibera~ with the Russians the convention of Tauroggen on his own responsibility, and by the pressure of public opinion supported by Queen Louise and by Hardenberg, to enter into an alliance with Russia.
- of Bautzen, was Kleist's Prussian corps, with Yorck's in support.
- and the Prussian contingent, which under Yorck (see Yorck Von Wartenburg) formed part of Macdonald's command about Riga, had entered into a convention with the Russians at Tauroggen (December 30) which deprived the French of their last support upon their left.